We’re here to help you ….
Support: Provision of high-quality support services
Advocacy: Lobby all levels of Government on asbestos related issues
Awareness: Increase community and workplace awareness of the dangers of exposure to asbestos
Education: Work with the health community to better understand asbestos related diseases.
In 2018, the Society expanded its role to provide support for those who have been diagnosed with silicosis, under the banner of the Silicosis Support Network. Information on this service can be found at: www.silicosissupport.org.au
a membership base of over 750.
- Access to our social worker and clinical support nurse
- Home occupational therapy, dietetics and nutritional assessment and advice
- Medical aids on loan scheme eg. portable oxygen concentrators
- Advice on asbestos related issues
- Telephone support from our volunteers
- Morning teas and support groups in the local community
- Quarterly newsletters with current information on asbestos diseases and issues
- Referral to lawyers experienced in asbestos related compensation
- Register of asbestos exposure
- In-service education for health and allied health organisations
membership of the Society. A nominal annual fee is payable.